Carpet Care Tips
3 Steps for Proper Carpet Care from the CRI (Carpet & Rug Institute)
Carpet cleaning should be considered to be just as important and routine as other projects in your home. If you get into a regular habit of cleaning your carpets you will appreciate what a clean carpet can do for your environment. Take the time to learn the right way to maintain your carpet between cleanings. This will help you save time by doing it correctly with the appropriate cleaning products. Not only will Chem-Dry’s Seal of Approval cleaning products help keep your carpet looking great, they can also help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer. Below are three simple steps to keeping the carpets in your Fort Walton Beach home clean and well-maintained.
- Vacuum at the right frequency with a CRI-approved vacuum.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with cleaning products that will not damage the carpet or cause it to resoil more quickly.
- Professionally deep clean the carpets in your Fort Walton Beach home at least every 12 to 18 months to remove the embedded dirt, dust and grime. For premium cleaning benefits, ask about our 6-month cleaning programs.
Stop Dirt at the Door
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on the carpet in the first place is a great way to keep it clean. The following helpful hints can help stop dirt in its tracks.
- Use mats : Consistently using indoor and outdoor mats or runners can help to significantly reduce the amount of dirt that enters your home.
- Take off your shoes : You can save wear and tear on your carpets by asking your house guests to remove their shoes before entering your Fort Walton Beach home.
- Change your air filters : Change the air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles that can be successfully removed by the filter, allow for fewer of them to fall onto your carpet.